Tuesday, April 23, 2013

NFL.com Top 5 Best and Worst Draft Picks

Earlier, I wrote my version of the top 5 best and worst draft picks in anticipation of NFL.com's list. Today, NFL finally released their list. Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed with the list.

Here it is:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162231/article/houston-texans-best-and-worst-draft-picks

Comparing the list, I was 4 for 5 on the best pick list, and 3 for 5 on the worst pick list.

I will look at the top 5 worst first.
They had:
Davvid Carr
Tony Hollings
Travis Johnson
Bennie Joppru
Amobi Okoye


I knew they would have David Carr as the biggest bust. I couldn't justify putting Carr on the top 5 worst. He was a bust, but not the biggest bust. You have to understand he was not NFL ready, due to the situation. I couldn't justify that.

I also admit I missed on Hollings. He was one of the guys mentioned by a lot of fans. I didn't include him in the original list, because he was taken in the supplemental draft. I admit that was a mistake, and should have replaced him with Hill. Oh well.

Now, let's look at the top 5, according to NFL.com.

Top 5:
Duane Brown
Owen Daniels
Demeco Ryans
Brian Cushing
JJ Watt

Wait. Am I missing something here? WHERE IS ANDRE JOHNSON?????!!!!!

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A BEST PICK LIST AND NOT HAVE THE FRANCHISE PLAYER ON THE LIST??!!!

The writer justifies his pick by saying it's because he was selected with the number 3 pick. Are you kidding me?? So, if you are taken with the number 1, 2, or 3 pick, you can't be on the list?

That's bullshit. Plain and simple bullshit. You want to know how bullshit this is? Go to a farm. Sniff the air. That is what this list smells like. UTTER BULLSHIT!!!

Andre Johnson is the greatest draft pick for the Texans. No arguing about it. I will say, I am okay with Daniels being on the list. That doesn't mean you cut out Johnson!

All credibility at Nfl.com has been lost. All of it. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment