Thursday, April 18, 2013

2013 Season Schedule

It's here. It is finally here. The season schedule has been released, by the almighty NFL. The schedule being released is always exciting, and it gives everyone an opportunity to make a prediction about how the season goes. I will not be releasing my official season predictions until later in the year, but I will at least outline the highlights of the schedule. Here is the official 2013 Season Schedule!



REGULAR SEASON
DayDateOpponentTV RadioKickoff
Mon.Sept. 9at S.D. Chargers #
ESPNLINK9:20 pm

Sun.Sept. 15TENNESSEE TITANSCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Sept. 22at Baltimore RavensCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Sept. 29SEATTLE SEAHAWKSFOXLINKNoon
Sun.Oct. 6at San Francisco 49ers #NBCLINK7:30 pm
Sun.Oct. 13ST. LOUIS RAMS FOXLINKNoon
Sun.Oct. 20at Kansas City Chiefs
CBSLINKNoon
Sun.Oct. 27BYE WEEK
Sun.Nov. 3INDIANAPOLIS COLTS #NBCLINK7:30 p.m.
Sun.Nov. 10at Arizona CardinalsCBSLINK3:25 p.m.
Sun.Nov. 17OAKLAND RAIDERSCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Nov. 24JACKSONVILLE JAGUARSCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Dec. 1NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTSCBSLINK3:25 p.m.

Thurs.Dec. 5at Jacksonville Jaguars #NFLNLINK7:25 p.m.
SundayDec. 15at Indianapolis ColtsCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Dec. 22DENVER BRONCOSCBSLINKNoon
Sun.Dec. 29at Tennessee TitansCBSLINKNoon

What sticks out to me is the season opener. A Monday Night Football game as the season opener. It is really cool to have that, but does it have to be the West coast Monday night game?? The West Coast opener should always be against two teams in the West division. I don't like the fact that I have to wait up until 9:30 to watch my team play. I am also personally disappointed that the opening game will not be played on my 21st birthday. I wanted to spend my first day as a legal adult rooting for my team, but instead, I have to wait until the next day.

The Ravens game can be fun, with Ed Reed returning to his old stomping grounds.

I think we can also go on a streak, like what we did in 2011. The schedule is setting up to look that way, and it should be exciting.

Now, the New England game will be fun to watch. It will be a home game, but the scary and superstitious part, is it is in December. The patriots never lose in December! Hopefully it won't be a complete massacre like last time we played them.

Finally, Denver will be a good game as well. Someone noted that the Denver game, and the Patriots game will be the true test of the season. If we can beat those two teams, it will show we are ready, since the games are at home.

I think we can go as high as 13-3, or as low as 10-6. I guess we will see, and I will detail each match up later, once the draft happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment